The Dominican Republic is home to several wonderful cigar brands. Choosing from the wide selection can be a little intimidating and risky. After all, buying an entire box of cigars without knowing whether you’ll even fully enjoy them is loco, as they say in the Dominican.
Fortunately, some blessed soul had the ingenuity to create sampler packs. The sampler in this review covers the Dominican Connoisseur Collection, a delightful sampler of medium-full bodied cigars from some premium brands in the country.
There are 10 cigars in this pack including:
- 2 Cohiba Dominican Robusto - E, 5.00 x 49
- 2 La Gloria Cubana Wavell - E, 5.00 x 50
- 2 Los Statos Deluxe Robusto - N, 5.00 x 52
- 2 Macanudo Café Hyde Park - N, 5.50 x 49
- 2 Partagas Spanish Rosado San Agustin - E, 5.50 x 52
For individual reviews on each cigar in the pack just click on the name above.
For now, let me give you an overall impression of this sampler. It’s important to note that this is a premium pack at a great price. Dollar for dollar, there is a ton of value packed into this group. The two Macanudos alone will run you almost $16 if purchased separately. For that reason alone, this is a solid buy.
I actually gave this sampler to a good friend of mine as a gift and he shared a couple of the sticks with me. The box it came in gave the impression that I am a much better friend than I am haha.
Seriously though, if you’ve ever wanted to try a Cohiba, a Macanudo, or a Partagas without buying the entire box then this sampler is perfect for you.
- 5 different premium cigars
- priced very affordably
- comes beautifully presented in a collectors box
- variety of flavors with strengths ranging from mild to medium bodied
- can arrive a bit dry, so you may need to keep them in the humidor for a while
- on the smaller side (all 5” or less, but I guess that’s part of what makes it a “sampler”)